Monday, April 29, 2013

Give Me A Face.



"We get paid for bringing value to the marketplace" (Jim Rohn)

The Three Most Common Social Media Marketing Mistakes:

1.SPAM your friend and connections- Send a friend request and include your product, system or opportunity info in the invitation! But if you want to be successful, do NOT do this! Instead, get to know the person first and determine whether they have ANY interesting in being a prospect for you! (The other day I received just such a spammy invitation from someone in the same affiliate program as myself, which told me that they had done so without bothering to check out my profile to find out a bit about me first, or they would have known!)

2.DO NOT have your picture on your profile – …. well… NOT! What is even funnier is that I have received SPAM from people who have not even taken the time to put their picture up, or any meaningful description on their profile! Or I’ve seen pictures of product as the profile avatar, and a name something like ‘MakeMoMoney!’ or ‘JuggleJuiceDrink’….. Am I (or ANYONE else) supposed to take that seriously?

3.DO NOT provide SOLUTIONS to PROBLEMS that your target market is facing. This is a sure fire way to NOT build KLT (Know-Like-and-Trust), the basis of relationships, which is the foundation of any successful business! I don’t care if your product, service or system DOES solve a problem, IF YOU DO want to succeed at this, then GIVE first without receiving! It is all about reciprocity, and providing value!

 mlmdreamsaver.com/2010/06/three-ways-to-ensure-social-media-marketing-failure/

In building relationships with others within our social media circles it is imperative not to spam others with our Biz-Ops and programs. Sending messages to our associates with nothing but what we promote is spamming pure and simple. Also I have never figured out why online marketers use avatars or logos instead of a photo of themselves. Avatars or logos are so impersonal. Most of us don't have "movie star" looks but that is no reason not to use a photo of ourselves. Relationships involve people not company brands. I seldom desire to connect with someone who uses an avatar. Give me a face, even if it is a face that "only a mother could love". A face represents an imperfect human like me. If Mom could love it so can I. I can do business with a face that doesn't spam me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments to these blog posts are greatly appreciated and highly valued.