Sunday, April 28, 2013

Be Influential.



"We get paid for bringing value to the marketplace" (Jim Rohn)


 Influence is a powerful word, permanently ingrained into the digital landscape in which we live, work and play.

In essence, influence means you're inspiring others without having direct control over whether they take action.

Most seek to build influence; measure influence; and yes, some will even attempt to sell influence. Yet, few will achieve action-inspiring influence without planning and effort.

Influence Isn't the Same as Popularity

A study revealed that most people see popularity and influence quite differently. Not much has changed since findings were published in 2010. If anything, in the age of authority and influence being generated though social engagement, one could say influence yields more power and is more sought after than ever.

Eighty-four percent of 700 business leaders, entrepreneurs, and marketing professionals believe there is a correlation between an influencer’s reach and their ability to drive action, according to the study.

The comment Popularity is fleeting. Influence lasts, articulates how differently humans perceive popularity and influence.

 searchenginewatch.com/article/2263947/10-Vital-Steps-to-Building-Social-Influence

When I was young I wanted to be popular. Now that I am old I want to be influential. I realized somewhere down the Road Of Life that popularity is fleeting and superficial while influence is lasting and real. Being a parent showed me that being popular with my kids was not as good as being influential with my kids. The same applies in network marketing.

Building and maintaining a network marketing team or an MLM downline demands influence. The key to having influence is being trustworthy and respected. Persons that have influenced me the most are those whom I respect and trust. I appreciate honesty and transparency far more than knowledge and expertise. The person that influences me the most is not the one that knows all the answers but the one that helps me to find the answers for myself. When we were in school, the teachers who showed us how to find the answers for our selves were the teachers that most influenced us. Being popular is putting ourselves above others. Being influential is putting others above ourselves. Be influential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments to these blog posts are greatly appreciated and highly valued.